12 March 2009

Stepping stone

The Lover Pleads with His Friend for Old Friends

Though you are in your shining days,
Voices among the crowd
And new friends busy with your praise,
Be not unkind or proud,
But think about old friends the most:
Time's bitter flood will rise,
Your beauty perish and be lost
For all eyes but these eyes.

W.B. Yeats, A Poet to His Beloved: The Early Love Poems of William Butler Yeats
Feeling blue. Is that cliche? Feeling blue? Spent most the time wandering and wondering around the house. I felt wasted. Defeated, even. Smoking was something I longed to do. I have an addictive personality - I've only smoked a few times in my life, all about 10 or so years ago. Sad, ain't it?

I miss my friends. Can't get over what was said. I feel I should apologize. I feel I should make amends rather than burning bridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment