11 March 2009

Girls on the side

"How to Kill a Cheerleader" is the title (well, working title) to the YA piece I've given myself to write. It probably won't stick because it has nothing to do with the plot, but I liked it because it's catchy. I read in a magazine (and I've been told by a few of my writing mentors) that I have to write outside of my comfort zone. YA is out of my comfort zone. Hopefully, it won't suck.

While penning out the idea, the first draft, I thought about all the girls I had crushes on in high school. I wasn't your typical guy, I suppose. The only cheerleader I had a crush on was in my senior year and she was a freshman. She wasn't your cheerleadery type - it was more of a thing her parents forced her in as she wanted to play guitar in a band (as she later did in life). No. The girls I liked were more social outcasts, except one. I won't go into that story.

No comments:

Post a Comment