10 March 2009

I should really learn to edit

I picked up last year's copy of The Rectangle from the Sigma Tau Delta cubicle. I picked up a copy of The Sigma Tau Delta Review as well. In 2007, I submitted a story that was rejected. No qualms about it. Perhaps I should've edited a bit more, or tone down the language. Maybe split the story in two like I recently did.

There's a story in The Rectangle that caught my attention. "Eighteen" by Alyssa Kopanyi. I've read this story before - I knew what was going to happen and what happened before the story began. Left me wondering why on earth this got published but mine didn't. Then again, it was probably well edited - though I did make mental notes in my head that may have made the story slightly better - wording wise, not story wise. And even though I knew where the story was going, I still read it. That says something, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment